Jorge Sampaoli commented on the Argentina national team and Lionel Messi.
Sampaoli coached Argentina at the 2018 FIFA World Cup and will now be watching them instead of coaching them. Speaking in an interview with ADN of Chile, here is what he had to say:
“The national team arrives with a lot of confidence and playing well. After that, it’s the form of the players that are picked for the World Cup in the middle of a season. But not many teams get to the form that Argentina have reached.
“I don’t dare to say who can be champion. Argentina are doing well, they’re at a good moment with a level of confidence that can allow them to have a good World Cup. That they can win it is very difficult to predict.”
He also spoke about Lionel Messi:
“Coaching Messi is coaching a genius. He is someone that is above everyone else.
With two looks, he gives you a parameter of what is happening. He is a silent leader, but he understands what is going to happen. He knows when the team has prepared has no chance of winning.”
F&*K the bald fraud.
I don’t care that he gave up a job. He screwed over the NT and millions of fans because of his arrogance and stubbornness. Easily one the worst coaching displays i have ever seen in my life. Coach Maschessi would have better.
Yep, the “pelado boton” made mistakes that I sitting on my couch wouldn’t make. High line against Mbappe LOL
I’m probably one of the few to give Sampaoli the benefit of the doubt. He had less than 8 games before the world cup 2018?
Scaloni had 4 years. The best I’ve ever seen Sevilla play was under Sampaoli. Let’s not forget Barcelona wanted him and he wowed all of Europe with the way his team played.
He was foolish to coach Argentina at a time when the AFA was in financial shambles.
I don’t count 2018 WC against Sampaoli because that team under Bauza would not have made it past group stages. In fact, they would not even make the WC!
Anyone that criticized him was all due to emotions. I bet he would have won Copa if given the chance too ( he did it with Chile and they sucked ever since)!
yes true on the time but he made mistakes on the players. We didn’t have fullbacks able to play in his favorite 343, De Paul and Paredes were already good players, Papu was at his prime, but were not picked up.
> Anyone that criticized him was all due to emotions
You’re completely ignoring the horrific coaching blunders.
– Batshit Sampa chose to change formations EVERY.SINGLE.GAME. What moron would do that knowing time was very limited..we needed consistency more than anything but he chose chaos.
– He chose 3ATB formations when NO player was used to it.
– He chose to unsettle players and he completely lost the dressing room.
– He chose to bench Lo Celso
– He chose to not start Kun against France.
– He chose to pick Meza over Dybala and ADM
– He chose to not pick Paredes
– He chose to not pick Papu
– He chose to play high backline with Fazio, Ota, Masch, and Biglia against speedy opposition. This alone is beyond insanity and highlights how awful he was.
– He chose Biglia and Masche against the Croatia. Banega and Di maria on bench.
– He chose to park the bus against iceland who were also PARKING the bus.
– He chose to stick with Caballero instead of Armani who was in hot form.
– His attitude was disgusting. Nervously pacing up and down, throwing Kun under the bus in public, and never shaking hands with opposition coach.
The list goes on and on and on….
He made us look like clowns and you know what, Hats off to the boys who despite trainwreck Sampaoli, still managed get past group stages and scored 3 against the mighty french. I still contend that we could have made it all the way with a half decent coach.
Cox4: I’m very critical of Sampaoli however we also need to be grateful to him as he chose to become a coach when no one was ready and AFA had little money.
yes right. Sampaoli speaking…..
sorry but i don t give attention to romance king of coaches…..
ignore is the best word i can say for him.
Comments are closed.