The Argentina starting eleven for their match against Bolivia has been announced with Scaloni going with a few changes from the last match.
Argentina national team coach Lionel Scaloni makes four changes from the last match. As we reported earlier, Scaloni had mentioned that Juan Musso will be starting the match. Nahuel Molina starts instead of Gonzalo Montiel while Pezzella is back in the eleven with Cristian Romero out of the team.
It was between Alejandro Papu Gomez and Nicolas Gonzalez but it is Papu Gomez who starts. This is the eleven:
Juan Musso; Nahuel Molina, Pezzella, Otamendi, Acuña; Di María, Paredes, De Paul, Alejandro Papu Gómez; Messi and Lautaro Martínez.
Three players don’t make the bench as Juan Foyth, Nicolas Tagliafico (with a knock) and Nicolas Dominguez are out.
Isn’t it beautiful when we can string together passes????? We are getting better and better.
I even see the joy in the fan’s faces. Something is different.
Messi hattrick! King Leo
Messi Hatrick। Messi goat
El Monumental is singing “Dale Campeon!”
That Pazella so Shaky
Yes, Pezzella is the big problem, why scaloni is not noticing it. His pace will be exposed in the World cup if he is the 3rd choice Center back. Clearly, Lisandro Martinez should have played today.
Yes, it was a big chance to play Lisandro einstead of Pezzella, but for once again it did not hapoen as it should have happen allready long time a go, period ! Not even a single minute given to Lisandro instead Pezzella got full 180 minutes…LoL ! This will cost us as Pezzella is our weakest link at the moment… !
Pele once downplayed Messi for being one footed. Hilarious Messi broke Peles record with his right!!
Messi scored the second goal (the record breaking one) with his left.
no, his right. see the replay again.
After Messi ma man is Acunia 😀
Joaquin in this form is a great option off the bench.
Pele who !?
We need a second goal
Messi heard u😊
Messi in his free time is shit poster on mundo
Varsil should award the greatest civilian award in their country to those 2 health officials who stopped the previous game . They saved Varsil from getting humiliated against this classy frontline at home.
Its been brilliant treat today by Messi & ADM. But would still like to see Dybala & A Correa get some quality time . Only negative seems that while defending we are unnecessarily showing ball skills & not doing the simple clearances. Maybe with the crowd , players are getting carried away.
I’m happy Papu is playing. I hope he’s playing well.
Watching the way Messi, ADM and Paredes connecting, it would be a treat to watch PSG this season and the trio would get even better by the end of the season.
Trio will be big help for us in wc even icardi
True we have a real chance in 2022
Paredes is worst player on the pitch. Both in offensively and defensively. Don’t have proper sense of distribution. Very slow.Not releasing the ball at right time.tackle accuracy is also low. Cant not snatch the ball. So many weaknesses. Another player is papu. I am disappointed with his performance. Lautaro martinez is hard working. Trying his best but he should be more clinical infront of goal. He doesn’t look very confident. Need to work on off the ball positioning.
Stop whining all the time
What!Write something logical. This is just my observation. You always comment like a mentally retarded person. Unnecessary giving opinion to others
Messi Di Maria and Paredes on fire
Paredes!! Really? Worst player on the pitch imo
Paredes distribution is world class you should only watch forward player as you know nothing about midfielders.
Paredes distribution is worst. You should watch some prime mascherano match.Even de paul is clearly better than paredes. You can not even compare de paul’s dedication with paredes.
Argentina is really playing well but I can see how much we miss Lo Celso. All these failed pass attempts Di Maria has tried would be much better had it been Lo Celso. Lautaro is more of a hustler forward. Argentina needs a more clinical forward like Alario. The kinds of forwards who don’t need too many chances to score. I think Scaloni is letting Lautaro believe he’s untouchable. He needs to be benched some more to spark better performances from him.
Acuna is also another player wasting runs. Papu has played exceptionally well. Molina is impressive as well.
Even with wrist injury Scaloni choosing Lautaro over Dybla.A clinical forward would be best for Argentina.For aerial crosses Lautaro can not reach there. Alario Icardi Aguero does need much chances in penalty box to score.
Alario Icardi Aguero does not need much chances in Penalty box to score.
Well, i would pick Lautaro ahead all this 3 at any day as he is our No. 1 striker, though it won’t meen that others can’t be used as J. Correa and A. Correa for example or Icardi or Dybala, but for Aguero i think itäisellä best to give him a proper farewell game at some point and that’s it for him as he will never be fit again for period of long enough which what is needed for Arg and about Alario, well will see how much he will play as Leverkusen has brought Shick in too, so i don’t rule him totally out as Aguero unfortunatly who was once and Still is one of my favorite players, but Arg has much better options up front than current Aguero with all my respect to him as he truly Still if fit is great player for sure !
Beautiful football all over. Could be 3-0 or 4-0 with a little bit of better luck. But let’s just enjoy watching this
ADM and Messi look like they’re playing trickster futsal. Great chemistry. And what a great cross by ADM + nice flying kick by toro. Shame it was offside.
for that offside goal, also roll the tape back and watch the initial pass by paredes to switch the ball wide to messi and open the play (who finds di maria). goodness. sometimes #5 finds nice angles.
Had to watch again and that was a nice accurate forward pass to start the play. Paredes had really good game.
Incredible first half from the two, the understanding between the two is also amazing
Guys any link?
Messi break the wall… GOOOAALLL
Seeing ADM cross with his right foot made me chuckle a bit. It was surprisingly good.
Well that’s what it should be. You’ll hardly see Lo celso do anything with his right leg.
Lautaro’s touch is horrrrrrrrrrrrrrible
Like soo bad it’s comical !!!
Which is the song national team is singing today. It sounds very different to the national anthem
normally when you hear it in the games it is from the introduction instrumental, here he picked it up from the first verse.
wow! welcome back to the people at the monumental.
Should be pretty straightforward tonight. Looking to see how acuna and papu combine on the left and been a while since we seen musso in the shirt.
So cool to see Papu Gomez again! He is a real gem and a game changer.
Lisandro really must be underperforming during training to get overlooked so often. Of all SA teams, Bolivia is perfect time to try him out.
I remember during the copa america Paredes said that Lisandro was the player that surprised him the most. He barely played so I am assuming that means that Lisandro was really good during training. Not sure about now through, Scaloni’s comfort zone is Pezzella-Otamendi and it seems difficult for him to try any change, with Lisandro barely playing and Senesi not even getting called up
It’s strange to say the least. i do remember the comment from Paredes and i also recall scaloni saying “no one is safe” but it does look like he has his set players in defense and will not change much.
Well, Pezzella look like ”very safe” as he played all in all 180 minutes…LOL !
Yes, Olive i think it is very strange indeed that either Lisandro and Dybala too are not given minutes in a game against Bolivia with all my respect to them as opponent, though also i do understand that this was an WCQ’ and not a friendly, but Still though… well here are my thoughts about what did Wisdom wrote before as this will be also an reply to him too as also your most welcome to read it, though it is an very long post once again, so sorry for lenght of this post and everyone are most welcome to just ignore this post as it is and real long one once again…as usual ! LOL ! Sorry for everyone !
Very well written and your point is the absolute truth, what has allways been unfortunatly Arg’s weakest link if may so…
1. It was so bad not that Bielsa Did not play Batistuta and Crespo together !
2.Leaving Tevez out was a big misstake as he scored those 30 goals at Juve before 2014 WC also we should have picked Icardi and most propably Banega too for WC 2014, though i Still salute Sabella how he was able to change in a less than month the most best attacking side( as Fantastic 4 who were all injured more or less during WC2014) to an best defenssive side of the world and offcourse he was force to do this as all of the fantastic 4 were injured more or less or should he had taken instead Tevez, Icardi and maybe Banega too ? Well, hard to say, but i would have surely dropped Palacios, most propably Maxi Rodriquez and deffenetly Ricardo Alvrez and even Gago too as i would have chosen Tevez, Icardi and Banega and Pastore !
3. Lavezzi was clear victim as was Pastote too speacially when they were at their highest Park !
4. Arg will allways need their best players available and also use them and not just bench them forever, though i do understand that everyone can’t play, but what if Arg suddenly will have serious injury issues as we seen in past ! Then theese strong and technically good players will suddenly make the difference, but if they are not given any minutes as a game against Bolivia for example we did not see Dybala or Lisandro Martinez either, though Scaloni made and used his subs, but why did Pezzella had to play at all as instead Arg could have a given a fully competive game to Lisandro and also why we did not see Dybala as many of our sub players have allready show’n what tney are capable as exxelent players so instead using them as sub’s we could have tried those who have not got hardly any minutes as all specially Lisandro and Dybala !
5. I dont want Arg to make the same misstake that cost us 2014 WC as instead of Palacios, Alvarez, Maxi Rodriquez and Gago too we could have taken Tevez, Icardi, Banega and Pastore who would have made the difference most propably at least in the final against Germany as Arg clearly Dominated Germany and were the better team, but could not capitalize from Big Time scoring oppurtunities as Messi, Higuain, Aguero who was no needed as injured once again and Lavezzi should not been subbed off instead we could have used at latest on the extra time fresh Tevez or Icardi or even both as Banega and Pastore would have alsomade the difference, though i Still respect Sabella for his workand specially how did he changed in such a short period of time the most best attacking team as all of the fantastic 4 were injured (as some even before the WC started and some during the WC) to the the best deffinseve team that took us to the Final, but unfortunatly could not capitalize from great scoring oppurtunities and as Arg did not have hardly anyone on the bench exept Enzo perhaps, well what a difference would have been as if Arg would have even one of theese 4 names on the bench as Tevez, Icardi, Banega and Pastore, period !
6. Arg must really learn from theese misstakes and errors that could have won Arg so many trophies as Passarella also did left Redondo out as for Pekerman well he should not have taken Riquelme out and Bielsa should have played Batistuta and Crespo together up front !
7. It is really fissapointing to see this same thing happening year after another as Papu was just selected now for this year’s Copa as Arg should have had him allready for so long as howlong it Dibu to Replace Armani and Still no Lisandro or Dybala are given hardly any minutes, but Pezzella played 180 minutes ! LOL !
8. If Arg don’t even try to use and see for example Lisandro and Dybala and how would they fit in with others and with who will they suite to play as best, though for Lisandro it is very clear that he can play with anyone as for sure can Dybala too !
9. No need to be sorry for your very good ” long graphic novel” !
10. Hopefully before WC we will finally see Lisandro and Dybala too, but unfortunatly i do have the feeling that if Arg don’t use them in a game against Bolivia with all my respect as i do understand that this was not friendly game as there will most propably hardly will be any friendliess to be played as after this” Super Fiasko” which happened in Brazil and everyone know’s why ? As things like this stupid and idiotic act’s from Brazilian authroties will just make everything more complicated and difficult for any in team and notvonly for Arg as it will effect all the teams in SA and worldwide too !
Click to Edit – 2 minutes and 39 seconds
Wisdom September 9, 2021 At 7:23 pm
Are people questioning Dybala on here? Are we serious??? “He can’t play with Messi”???
They said the same bullsh*t about Tevez (didn’t you wish we had 30 goals Juventus Tevez in 2014 WC?). For years Lavezzi couldn’t make the team and even Pastore.
Yet Lavezzi was a boss in the 45 minutes of the final of WC 2014 and in several games in Copa 2016. The same with Pastore 2015 Copa. Look at old man Papu now (Meza over him in 2018??)!
We need to release our technically gifted players! This includes Lamela!
This mentality is what kept Crespo and Batistuta not on the field together. At least experiment. I think Scaloni will do it.
Dybala needs a run of 5 games on the field with Messi for over 75 minutes. Why can’t this happen? We had Pratto, Benedetto, Pavon, Meza, and even DiMaria (2017-2019 – 80% bad form) playing for longer periods if we’re honest.
Dybala, Icardi, & Lamela were not given the same chance (minimum 75 to full 90 minutes for 3 games).
Until Dybala is given a real opportunity to prove himself, we must reserve opinion because this player would wear the #10, 7, or 11 on any World team and play an important role.
No nation in the World would bench him. That’s a testament to how great Argentina is but our greatness has also been what has cursed this team.
2014 WC Final – no Tevez, no Pastore, no Banega but we had Biglia, old Maxi Rodriguez, and let’s not forget “Rattail man” (Palacios).
Who scored the goal to beat us again in the WC final? Mario Gotze, a player that was once expected to be great when playing for Borussia Dortmund, but struggled after injuries (sounds like our boy). In reality, he was treated by the German NT like Dybala. Could you believe it? “The German Dybala” (once hailed “the German/next Messi”) beat us with a technically gifted goal.
So remember this, when speaking of Dybala, just ask yourself, could he – if given the opportunity to be in Palacios’ or Higuain’s position, score a World Cup-winning goal like Gotze?? The same goes for Nico Gonzalez – he is our future too.
We need Dybala. We need all those that can make a difference. I don’t need to speak on who wasn’t in the defense & midfield in 2010, 2018, or who didn’t play 2006 against Germany. History is our only lesson and we can’t make the same mistakes.
Sorry for the long graphic novel.
I don’t think he is underperforming at training….instead he is just unfortunatly an another waisted player and a victim of what has been the trend unfortunatly for Arg too long…as once were No Batistuta playing together with Crespo at same time or No Redondo for Passarella…as no Zanetti for Diego…as no Tevez, Icardi, Banega and Pastore for 2014 WC…as Lavezzi and Pastore were never given a proper time just some bit’s of minutes in there and there, though they Still played more than Lisandro and Dybala…as Papu just selected this year’s as the one of charge of Arg prefferred Meza or someone else instead of him when he was at his best ! This list goes back to Menotti not picking Diego for 1978, though Arg did Still won their first WC !!! It is the same never ending story, though Scaloni is clearly the one who has an eye for the right players as he won that famous Copa at Maracana for Arg !!! And he has picked allmost all the right players so far too !!! Just, not using them all yet properly as for example Lisandro or Dybala too ! Hopefully he will though…?
Comments are closed.