Napoli have renamed their stadium after their greatest ever player, Diego Armando Maradona.
As the football world mourns the death of Maradona, the city of Naples have decided to change the name of their iconic stadium. Previously called the Stadio San Paolo, the Municipality of Naples announced that Napoli’s stadium is now called Stadio Diego Armando Maradona.
Diego Maradona played at the club from 1984-1991, winning two Serie A titles, a Coppa Italia, a UEFA Cup and a Supercoppa Italiana, Maradona became a club legend.
Maradona passing away last week has lead to world wide tributes, from football players to athletes, artists and more.
Latest Diego Maradona news:
- Lionel Messi, Diego Maradona named in Ballon d’Or Dream Team
- Napoli rename stadium to Stadio Diego Armando Maradona
- Diego Maradona passes away at 60 years of age
- Diego Maradona: “I want to score with my right hand vs. England”
- Vicente del Bosque: “Lionel Messi is the best player of all time”
- Claudio Caniggia asked AFA president not to miss 1990 World Cup final
- On this day in 1986, Argentina win the World Cup
- Mauricio Pineda praises Lionel Messi, talks about 1998 Argentina
- Atletico Madrid coach Diego Someone talks Argentina, Lionel Messi, Diego Maradona, more
- Roberto Ayala: “Maradona was pure art, Messi is Speedy Gonzalez”